- Trip start time: 7:30am
- Trip duration: approximately 8 to 8.5 hours of canyoning from approach, descent, and return
- Biggest Rappel: 115 feet
- Lunch: included
- Minimum Age: 18 Years Old
- Equipment: we provide you with specialty canyoning gear
- Transport: from the town of Ouray to/from the canyon
- Experience Required: Yes, please see pre-requisites detailed below.
Advanced Canyoning Tour
Full Day Trip
Weehawken Creek Trip Overview
Weehawken Creek is Canyoning Colorado’s most technically challenging canyon; the approach is a 1400ft climb to the Weehawken Mine, which is followed by a mutli-pitch descent into the canyon with approximately 200ft of rappelling. Once in, the group has the opportunity to walk upstream to check out a snow cave before continuing on with your descent.
The descent is probably the wettest of all our tours because you’ll be in the flow in almost every rappel! Don’t underestimate the power of the water here; impeccable rappelling technique is an absolutely must.
The end of your tour greets you with a pleasant surprise; a short 5 minute hike back to our van. At the end of long and committed canyon, seeing the vehicle that transports you back to reality is a welcoming sight!
Looking to delve even deeper?
- Interested in becoming autonomous in the canyon?
- Looking to build your confidence and skills in a canyon environment?
- Ready to add canyoning / canyoneering to your repertoire?
- Interested in becoming a canyoning instructor?