The half day trip starts at 9am or 1:30pm. If your schedule permits, we recommend booking the 9am canyoning trip. This is due to the regular occurrence of afternoon thunderstorms.
Beginner Canyoning Tour
Half Day Trip
- Biggest Rappel: 60 feet
- Trip duration: 2 to 2.5 hours of canyoning from approach, descent, and return
- Minimum Age: 12 Years Old
- Equipment: we provide you with specialty canyoning gear
- Transport: from the town of Ouray to/from the canyon
- Experience Required: None, but a reasonable level of fitness
This canyon is the ideal environment for a half day canyoning trip; it is a short 15-minute walk to the start of the canyon from the parking lot. The first half of the canyon will greet you with stunning limestone walls that rise 20 feet above you. We will warm you up with some downclimbing, scrambling, and a practice rappel.
The second half of the canyon is where things ramp up a bit. As soon as the narrow passageways of the canyon open up, you’ll undertake a 55 foot waterfall directly under the flow! At the bottom of this waterfall, you’ll be deep inside the second half of the canyon with towering 60 foot walls. You’ll walk in amazement at the depth of this canyon.
When you reach the end, it requires a small climb out, and then a quick 10 minute walk back to the parking lot.