The Canyoning Instructor Level 1 (IN1) training course continues your professional development and career with the International Canyoning Organization for Professionals. This 14 day course, 4 days pre-learning / 10 days practical, is ICOpro’s most pedagogical and psychological course with 80% of the content focused on these topics. The goal of the Instructor Level 1 (IN1) course is to provide the training required to lead groups through a canyon while delivering the Canyoneer Initiation trainings under the ICOpro standard.
Canyoning Instructor Level 1 (IN1)
Duration: 14 Days
- Pre-training course e-learning: 4 days minimum
- Practical: 10 days
- Regulation 1-2-3: ICTC/CAI
- Entry Technical test 1: IN1 test of conversion
- Entry Technical test 2: IN1 Rescue Scenarion
- Theory test 1: AIN Assistance Lvl2: 10 questions
- Theory test 2: IN1 General: 100 questions
- Final Pedagogigal test: ICTC/CAI
- Final Technical test 1: IN1’s Itinerary rope
- Final Technical test 2: Rescue Scenario: Direct rope cutting from the top
- Have validated AIN or have attended ICOpro IVS
- Have a minimum of a 3-month work experience as an Assistant Instructor in a canyoning center or with an Independent Affiliated Instructor (IAI) (employer’s certificate mandatory).
- Completed IN1 e-learning pre-training course.
- Be in good mental and physical condition.
- Swimming: 100m (330ft) and running: 1km
- Medical certificate issued less than three months prior to the training course, testifying that the trainee is physically and mentally fit for canyoning activities.
- Have a valid first-aid certificate issued less than twelve months prior to the training course.
- Pass successfully the « ICOpro IN1 test of conversion » on double rope free method in a time less than or equal to 1,5 TIME THE EXAMINER TIME High 5m, knot in a middle of the rope. Ascent → Passing a knot → Conversion → Descent → Passing a knot. OR Descent → Passing a knot → Conversion → Ascent → Passing a knot. !!! The candidate will not attend the training if the test is not successful and no refunds will be given.
- Pass successfully the « ICOpro IN1 Resque Scenario Test » Unhook a victim conscious from below to below 1,5 TIME EXAMINER TIME.
!!! The candidate will not attend the training if the test is not successful and no refunds will be given.
Have all the required skills to teach an ICOpro Canyoneer Initiation. Master the management and progression techniques into a canyon as well as the rope techniques to manage securely and smoothly a group. Manage the equipment stock and become a Head Manager of an ICOpro Affiliated Center (HMI).
The training consists in 5 technical and theoretical teaching modules, including analyzing exercice and evaluation (P.A.R.), aptitude memory exercise (Feedback) that will be carried-out during the training and 4 Clinic Days of revision and regulation.
- Module 1 : ICOproProcedures – General knowledge
- Module 2 : White water – Assistance
- Module 3 : Set-up – Rescue
- Module 4 : ICOpro Psychology – Pedagogy
- Module 5 : End of the ICTC AIN
You the trainee, are expected to have full ICOpro technical equipment:
- Neoprene socks
- Canyon specific boots
- Canyon harness (able to adapt for chest ascender use)
- Chest harness
- Chest ascender
- Compact hand ascender
- 1 set of dynamic cowstail with carabiners
- Canyon specific descender with locking carabiner
- Foot loop
- Fixed blade canyoning knife (attached to harness)
- Pealess whistle
- 4 locking HMS carabiners
- 1 locking XL master carabiner
- 1 canyon quickdraw
- 1 rigging descender
- 2 slings (dyneema 60cm)
- 1 valdotain
- 1 Microtraxion
Check out the full AIN curriculum on the ICOpro website.