Canyoneer Level 1-2-3 (CA123) is an 11-day course, 3 days pre-learning/8 days practical, that is designed to teach the trainee to progress independently in a moderate risk canyon during a non-professional tour. This highly intensive course is regarded around the world as being one of the best introductory to canyoning courses, and it is also a pre-requisite to any professional-level courses offered by ICOpro.
Canyoneer Level 1-2-3 (CA123)
Duration: 11 Days
- Pre-training course e-learning: 3 days minimum
- Canyoneer Level 1: 2 days
- Canyoneer Level 2: 1 day
- Canyoneer Level 3: 2 days
- Clinics session: 1.5 days
- Certifications: 1.5 days
- Accessible to anyone who has reached the age of majority in his/her country of origin.
- Completed CA Lvl 1-2-3 e-learning pre-training course.
- Be in good mental and physical condition.
- Swimming: 50m (150ft) and running 500m (1500 ft).
- Medical certificate issued less than three months prior to the training course, testifying that the trainee is physically and mentally fit for canyoning activities.
The program allows you to organize canyoning excursions and to maneuver basic technical skills within moderate risk canyons. You will become a member of ICOpro with sufficient skills to use the ropes and then become independent in a moderate risk canyons.
The training consists in 3 technical and theoretical teaching levels, including analyzing exercises and evaluation (P.A.R), aptitude memory exercises (Feedback) that will be carried-out during the training, 1.5 Clinic Days of revision and regulation and 1 module of closing the ICTC.
- Level 1: Procedures – General knowledge – Vertical progression
- Level 2: White water – Assistance
- Level 3: Horizontal progression – set-up – rescue
- Module 4: End of the ICTC CA1-2-3
Canyoning Colorado will provide the full technical equipment.
Check out the full CA123 curriculum on the ICOpro website.