The half day trip starts at 9am or 1:30pm. If your schedule permits, we recommend booking the 9am canyoning trip. This is due to the regular occurrence of afternoon thunderstorms.
Beginner Canyoning Tour
Half Day Trip
- Trip duration: approximately 2 to 2.5 hours of canyoning from approach, descent, and return
- Biggest Rappel: 40 feet
- Minimum Age: 12 Years Old
- Equipment: we provide you with specialty canyoning gear
- Transport: from the town of Ouray to/from the canyon
- Experience Required: None, but a reasonable level of fitness
Angel Creek is a short drive from town, in 15 minutes we’ll reach our point of entrance where you will grab your gear and walk approximately 10-20 minutes to the canyon.
Once suited and booted you will enter Angel Creek; you will begin the canyon and your adventure with a rappel. As you progress with your descent, you begin to notice the canyon walls towering over you, at the highest point they are 30ft+.
Between rappels you will have some time to absorb the beauty around you, walking through the canyon and enjoying the scenery with the opportunity to see the rock change into bright red sandstone.
As the trip comes to an end, you finish with a five minute hike along a steep ridge with fixed lines to support you. Once you reach the top, the ridge flattens out for an easy five minute stroll back to the van.