- Trip start time: 6:30am
- Trip duration: approximately 6 hours canyoning, plus 2 hours hike up to the canyon.
- Biggest Rappel: 190 feet
- Lunch: included
- Minimum Age: 18 Years Old
- Equipment: we provide you with specialty canyoning gear
- Transport: from the town of Ouray to/from the canyon
- Experience Required: Yes, please see prerequisites detailed below.
Advanced Canyoning Tour
Full Day Trip
Corbett Creek is a very special canyon in Ouray because of its red sandstone, deep narrows and a spectacular gorge! With a 190 foot waterfall to rappel, you will be left feeling invigorated and accomplished.
The approach to the canyon follows a trail that is both steep and sunny. The hike takes approximately 1.5-2 hours, which is one of the reasons we expect an excellent level of fitness from all participants.
Rappelling alongside waterfalls, downclimbing and scrambling across rocks will all be part of the adventure. Corbett Creek is suited to focused individuals who are looking to take on a greater challenge in a canyon environment; suited for those that have developed their confidence and skills in intermediate canyons.
If you are interested in becoming autonomous in the canyon we offer professional canyoning courses. Get in touch, or find out more information about ICOpro courses on our website. We are waiting to hear from you!