The AIN training course is the first step in ICOpro’s professional framework. This 12 day course, 2 days pre-learning / 10 days practical, is ICOpro’s most technical course with 80% of the content focused on techniques. The goal of the AIN course is to be able to assist an ICOpro Instructor during Canyoneer Initiation trainings, and to be able to have sufficient technical abilities to supervise a group in case of accident or force majeure.
Assistant Instructor (AIN)
Duration: 12 Days
- Pre-training course e-learning: 2 days Minimum
- Practical: 10 days
- Regulation 1: Set-up – Progression
- Regulation 2: Rescue scenario
- Regulation 3 & 4: CAI
- Entry technical test 1: AIN test of conversion
- Entry technical test 2: Rescue Scenario
- Theory test 1: CA1 Physics
- Theory test 2: CA3 Anchors
- Theory test 3: CA2 Assistance
- Theory test 4: AIN General
- Final technical test 1: AIN’s rope itinerary
- Final technical test 2: Rescue Scenario
- Canyoneer level 1-2-3 (CA123) certified
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- The trainee is in good mental and physical condition
- The trainee is able to swim 100m and run 1km
- Medical certificate that testifies the trainee is physically and mentally capable to practice canyoning activities. It has to be issued less than three months prior to the training course.
- A valid first-aid certificate issued less than 12 months before the start of the course.
- The Trainee must complete the AIN E-learning pre-training course.
- The Trainee is aware that they must successfully pass the “ICOpro test of conversion” (ascent, passing a knot, conversion, descent, passing a knot) on single rope, free method, in a time less than or equal to 5min. height 5m, knot in the middle of the rope.
- The trainee is aware that they will not be able to attend the training if the ICOpro test of conversion on single rope is not successful, and no refund will be given.
- The Trainee is aware that they must successfully pass the “ICOpro AIN Rescue Scenario test” (Indirect rope cutting) ,free method, in a time less than or equal to 1.15min
- The trainee is aware that they cannot attend the training if the ICOpro AIN rescue scenario test is not successful, and no refund will be given.
- The Trainee is required to submit the participant record for approval, sent to you by the organizer, Canyoning Colorado.
Have all the required skills to assist an ICOpro Instructor (IN) during Canyoneer Initiation training course (CAI) and to assist the IN to manage the logistics of an ICOpro Affiliated Center. The Assistant Instructor helps the IN who is in charge of the excursion; and the AIN must also be skilled enough to supervise the group in case of accident or force majeure.
The training consists in 6 technical and theoretical teaching modules, including analyzing exercise and evaluation (P.A.R), aptitude memory exercise (Feedback) that will be carried-out during the training and 4 Clinic Days of revision and regulation.
- Module 1: Procedures – General knowledge
- Module 2: White water – Assistance
- Module 3: Vertical progression
- Module 4: Set-up – Rescue
- Module 5: ICOpro Psychology – Pedagogy
- Module 6: End of the ICTC AIN
Your ICOpro center will provide the full technical equipment.
Check out the full AIN curriculum on the ICOpro website.